You are here

How Assessment Services are Organised in the UK

Services, support and funding arrangements vary across the UK. 


Most local health services in England will be provided by Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs); however, there are a few specialised services, including 'specialist augmentative and alternative communication aids' services that will be commissioned directly by NHS England – the new organisation appointed by the Government to oversee the commissioning of all health services.



'A Right to Speak'
This set of guidelines from the Scottish Government contains a number of recommendations to be implemented in 2012 and 2015. The aim is to improve provision and care for individuals who use AAC in Scotland. It is relevant for the NHS, social care services, voluntary organisations, schools and the general public across Scotland.

See also: