CandLE AAC supply services and products to support AAC users with literacy, accessing the curriculum and exam access.
- Free initial consultation and advice
- 1:1 assessments
- On-going support for students in school and at home (through home education programmes) lead by specialist AAC teachers, teaching assistants and resource developers. This also includes on-going training and advice services to schools and parents.
- Whole school AAC and literacy support.
- The CandLE literacy programme from early emergent level through to conventional literacy. This is supported by the ‘literacy for all’ programme which is a series of low-tech and high-tech literacy resources produced by CandLE.
- On-going high-tech and low-tech resource development services, adapting the curriculum using AAC software.
- A wide range of training packages from 1 hour sessions to on-going training support for schools and families.
- Accredited providers of the AAC City and Guilds qualification– a qualification on the students use of AAC.
- Future qualifications in development include: Bridge to English, Bridge to Maths, Independent Living Skills through Instruction and Technology, Personal Project and World Knowledge (all coming soon!)
- CandLE speech and language therapist available for support and assessment.
(All services can be tailored to suit the needs of each individual student, school or family.)
- Accessible books in Grid 3 with a library of 300+ books for every level of reader.
- Phonics for All – available in Grid 3 and Mind Express.
- Leap to Literacy – available in Grid 3.
- Customised low-tech communication book.
- A range of low-tech literacy resources including the CandLE alternative pencil.
Member of Communication Matters: Organisational
Address: Suite 105, Ulverston Business Centre, 25 New Market Street, Ulverston LA12 7LQ
Contact: Tam Stanton / Katie Stanton
Tel: 01229 585173
Email: [email protected]