Communication Matters has an annual membership which runs from January 1st to December 31st. We accept applications from people who live in the UK.
All members receive three issues of the Communication Matters Journal. If you join part way through the year then you will receive back issues of the CM Journal. There are also some additional journals and newsletters which you can subscribe to as part of your CM membership.
You are just 4 steps away from becoming a member of Communication Matters...
Step 1. Download and print the 2018 membership application form
Step 2. Decide which type of membership is best for you
- Individual: £67. Includes 3 issues of Communication Matters Journal, reduced rate at any Study Day/Roadshow organised by Communication Matters, eligible to attend the Communication Matters National Conference, and reduced rate delegate place at ISAAC Biennial Conference. You have the opportunity to apply to be considered as a listing on our website if you offer an independent, specialist or training AAC service, subject to Trustee approval at a quarterly Board Meeting.
- CM Organisational (Types A, B & C): Same benefits as Individual membership, plus: eligible to apply to present at CM Roadshows (if supplier of AAC products, not just services), reduced exhibition rates at the National Conference, reduced Communication Matters Journal advertising rate, and 1 reduced rate delegate place at the ISAAC Biennial Conference.
- CM Organisational A: £183. 2 sets of the CM Journal (3 issues), up to 3 reduced-rate delegates at any CM Study Day, and up to 3 delegates eligible to attend CM National Conference.
- CM Organisational B: £335. 4 sets of the CM Journal (3 issues), up to 6 reduced-rate delegates at any CM Study Day, and up to 6 delegates eligible to attend CM National Conference.
- CM Organisational C: £515. 6 sets of the CM Journal (3 issues), up to 10 reduced-rate delegates at any CM Study Day, and up to 10 delegates eligible to attend CM National Conference.
All types must include named members on the form.
- AAC User/Family: Free membership for one year if new member (subject to availability); otherwise £22. Same benefits as Individual membership.
- Full-time Student: £23. Same benefits as Individual membership.
- Full-time Student (CM Journal only): £12. You receive the CM Journal but not the other benefits of Individual membership.
- Retired: £50. Same benefits as Individual membership (available to people who have retired from working in the AAC field).
- ISAAC Institutional: £346. Same benefits as CM Organisational Membership A, plus: two extra delegates at the ISAAC Biennial Conference at reduced rate, and separate listing & reduced advertising rate in ISAAC Membership Directory and AAC Journal.
- ISAAC Corporate: £687. Same benefits same as CM Organisational Membership A, plus: separate listing and reduced advertising rate in ISAAC Membership Directory and AAC Journal, and reduced rate exhibition stand and advertising at ISAAC Biennial Conference and ISAAC co-sponsored events.
(Note: Organisational and ISAAC Corporate/Institutional members agree to abide by a Code of Conduct)
Step 3. Decide which Journals you would like to receive
All members of CM will automatically receive the Communication Matters Journal, published three times a year, as part of their membership subscription. There are additional ISAAC journals and newsletters you may want to subscribe to: Augmentative and Alternative Communication Journal; AGOSCI In Focus; ISAAC-Israel Newsletter. See the application form for costs.
Step 4. Send your membership application form
We encourage you to use online banking to pay by bank transfer (our bank details are on the form) but otherwise please send us your purchase order or cheque (made payable to 'Communication Matters').
Please note: Membership runs from 1 January to 31 December every year. No matter when you join during the year, you will receive all copies of the Communication Matters Journal and any other journals you subscribe to for the calendar year. If you have any questions, please ring 0113 343 1533 or email [email protected]