Communication Matters is planning a number of great events during the National Year, with a focus on the AAC Wave of activities in May and June, and the themed month (More Than Words) in October. You can see a diary of AAC events at www.communicationmatters.org.uk/diary. Do bookmark the page as we will be adding new events during the year.
If you have organised an AAC event in your area for the National Year and would like it to be included in our diary, please email email@example.com.
The AAC Wave
Communication Matters and Regional AAC Assessment Centres are co-ordinating AAC events across the Regions as the AAC Wave travels from Cornwall to Scotland during May and June. The Wave will be in these regions during:
- week beginning 2nd May – South West
- week beginning 9th May – Wales
- week beginning 16th May – South & South-East
- week beginning 23rd May – Central & East Midland, West Midlands
- week beginning 6th June – North West
- week beginning 13th June – North East
- week beginning 20th June – Scotland
If you are interested in being part of an event or holding one yourselves locally, please contact Sally Chan firstname.lastname@example.org. Events can include an individual school activity or a bigger regional event. Grants of up to £100 each are available to help with running an event – note that four such grants are available each month. Please contact email@example.com for further details.