From time to time, Communication Matters offers small grants of up to £200 to applicants resident in the UK. Grants are not always for the full amount asked and will be considered on a case by case basis. Anyone who is a member (or about to become a member) of CM is able to make an application. You can apply at any time of year while funding lasts.
If you are interested in applying for a small grant please send a letter or email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the following details:
- What is the grant for?
- How and when will the grant be used?
- How much is being asked for (up to a maximum of £200). In many cases a small grant will not cover all of the costs, so also tell us what you think your total costs will be.
- How will it help?
- Supporting an AAC user event
- Helping to fund play equipment for children with communication difficulties (a toy library for example)
- Supporting a pilot for a mini research project
- Someone wanting to attend a course to support the use of communication via AAC with a family member or friend (we might ask that you have tried other sources of funding before approaching CM)
- Part funding costs to support an AAC event or project in a country where AAC is less well developed than in the UK
- Where other forms of funding are (or should be) available
- To part fund the cost of the Communication Matters conference places - we already offer subsidised places in this area
- Funding for or associated with a Communication Aid
- Supporting professional course or conference costs