Communication Matters is delighted to present our fourth AAC and Literacy Study Day. Our speakers will be addressing the literacy needs and the implementation of literacy instruction for children as well as older learners in both special and mainstream schools.
Keynote Speaker: Maureen Donnelly – “Write On! Supporting AAC Users as Beginning Writers Today, Tomorrow, and Beyond”
Plenary Speaker: Helen Hewson – “Literacy – An AAC User’s Perspective”
Parallel Sessions from: Joe Doran, Maureen Donnelly, Marion Stanton, Michelle Mann & Natalie Fry
Practical Table Top Sessions from: Ace Centre, Liberator, SCandLE, Smartbox, Techcess, Teach Us Too, Tobii Dynavox
Date: Wednesday 29th April 2020
Venue: Lockleaze Sports Centre, Bonnington Walk, Lockleaze, BRISTOL, BS7 9FJ
Costs: £65 for CM members, £75 for non-members and £40 for family members of AAC users
The study day is aimed at:
- The whole team!
- Parents and other family members
- Teaching and Learning Staff from both mainstream and special schools
- Health professionals including Speech and Language Therapists
Proposed learning outcomes:
- Increased understanding of the wider issues surrounding literacy acquisition for AAC users and the opportunity to discuss with other practitioners
- Develop knowledge of teaching literacy and awareness of current effective practice
- Practical experience of literacy learning resources available to support AAC users
Visit our website for a full timetable, flyer and booking form.