The communication aid service for adults with a learning and/or physical disability in south Nottinghamshire has been in place for nearly 10 years. Additional funding was secured in 2008 to extend the service to north Nottinghamshire and Bassetlaw.
This session will:
- reflect on service users seen by this service, past and present
- highlight some of the successes - expected and unexpected
- describe the challenges aka difficulties
- look at actions needed for succession planning
- outline good practice, including working with a skilled ASLT
- describe support packages for service users
- consider what helps vs what doesn't
- give case presentations.