10-12 September 2017, University of Leeds
The Communication Matters National Conference is a popular event so we advise booking early, not only to ensure your place but to benefit from early bird booking discounts!
CM2017 Registration - Now open!
Please see the prices below and then register using the link.
- Register online only (and send alternative payment such as PO, cheque or bank transfer)
- Register and pay online (by card) - 1. You will be asked to create a new web account (this is separate to the members area). 2. Then you can add item/s to the cart. 3. Go to cart and pay (enter your card details). 4. Fill out your registration form/s.
- Download CM2017 Flyer (pdf)
There are several categories of registration - all allow entry to the Conference sessions and exhibition, and include teas, coffees and buffet lunch. New for this year we have members and non-members rates.
- Full Residential (Sunday & Monday nights) - £530 (Earlybird rate £464 if paying before 28 July)
- One Night Residential (Monday night) - £474 (Earlybird rate £408 if paying before 28 July)
- Full Non-Residential (includes lunch & evening meals) - £418 (Earlybird rate £352 if paying before 28 July)
- One Day Non-Residential (includes lunch) - £195 (Earlybird rate £180 if paying before 28 July)
- Subsidised places (for people who use AAC and their families in UK) - Full Residential £120 plus £77 for each accompanying Personal Assistant. One Day Non-Residential £112 plus £77 for each PA. NOTE: Please apply early as these places are limited - first come first served. There is also a fund for first-time attendees, do apply early to be considered. All meals and accommodation are included and you may also bring up to two personal assistants. If you are looking for financial assistance you will find useful contacts in our funding section.
Membership fees. The above prices are for members of Communication Matters. If you are not currently a member, you must become one in order to attend at these rates (membership runs from 1 January to 31 December). It is £65 for Individual membership, or £178 for Organisational membership type A (see other categories of membership). If you are applying for a Subsidised place, you can get a free sponsored membership if you have not been a member before, otherwise please choose £21 membership fee. Download membership form.
- Full Residential (Sunday & Monday nights) - £600 (Earlybird rate £534 if paying before 28 July)
- One Night Residential (Monday night) - £544 (Earlybird rate £478 if paying before 28 July)
- Full Non-Residential (includes lunch & evening meals) - £488 (Earlybird rate £422 if paying before 28 July)
- One Day Non-Residential (includes lunch) - £265 (Earlybird rate £250 if paying before 28 July)
Cancellation. Notify in writing by 10 Aug 2017 for a refund (less 10% admin fee); no refunds thereafter.
Exhibition stand. Please contact [email protected] for details and costs of exhibition stands.
AAATe Congress 2017 Sheffield - A Reciprocal Agreement for delegates
Communication Matters is a recognised partner of the 14th AAATe Congress - the Association for the Advancement of Assistive Technology in Europe. This congress is taking place in Sheffield 11-15th September.
It has been agreed that registered delegates from either conference can register for sessions at the partner conference with a 50 euro discount (for 2-day registration). This means we may get some visitors from Sheffield arrive early to attend #CM2017conf or some of our delegates may wish to stay on after the Leeds event to attend in Sheffield.
If you wish to claim the 50 euro discount to attend the partner conference please contact the CM office who will arrange to inform the Sheffield team of your status.