Delegates will be able to choose from a large number of presentations in the conference programme. It will be a great opportunity to hear about, and be part of, the latest developments in the field of AAC.
The Communication Matters Annual Meeting of Associate Members will be held on Sunday 10th September 2017 at 4pm.
The CM2017 Programme
- Full Programme (including Platform Presentations) - Download PDF (v3.9 17/8/17)
- Poster Presentations - Download PDF (v4.0 1/8/17)
- Book of Abstracts - Download PDF
All sessions are categorised into three 'levels' as a guide to the type and nature of the presentation: Introductory sessions assume no previous knowledge of AAC; General sessions assume participants have a knowledge of AAC, probably gained over several years, and the sessions may have more discussion time than an Introductory session; and finally Specialist sessions assume even greater knowledge and, in some cases, will be more participatory in nature.
We have based our topic areas on the three aspects of evidence based practice, which constitute improved outcomes for all. These aspects are:
- Best Research Evidence (from independent organisations such as education, social or health services and universities)
- Clinical & Professional Experience (presented by health or education professionals or those working for other organisations for people who use AAC)
- Personal Stories & Preferences (would include personal experience stories, single case studies and examples of AAC in the wider community).
In addition to platform presentations there will be poster sessions on the Monday & Tuesday and also some more participatory events.
- Associate Professor Bronwyn Hemsley - speech pathologist & clinical researcher at The University of Newcastle in Australia.
- Lisa Simpson - disabled choreographer from Lisa Simpson Inclusive Dance Limited.
- Read more details.
Download our Conference Survival Guide if you've not been to conference before. The first time at conference can be overwhelming - so many delegates and a jam-packed schedule. This Survival Guide should help you enjoy the experience!
Annual Meeting of Associate Members
Associate Members of Communication Matters can attend the 2017 Annual Meeting of Associate Members on Sunday 10th September at 4pm. Non-members are welcome to attend as observers but they cannot vote on resolutions or speak to the meeting.
Alan Martin Award
This annual award is presented during the conference to a person who uses AAC and who has made a significant contribution to the creative arts.
Jamie Munro Inspiration Award
This new annual award will be presented for the first time at the 2017 conference to someone who is inspirational in the world of AAC.
Book a place